The Sanders Firm is proud to recognize students committed to supporting their local communities by volunteering their time in furtherance of the issues that matter most to them. As personal injury lawyers, civil rights attorneys, parents, and friends- we are consistently impressed with students who place the needs of others before their own, and we believe that such generosity of spirit should be recognized and rewarded.
The Sanders Firm Scholarship of $1,000 was created to reward undergraduate or law school students who have demonstrated a meaningful commitment to his or her local community.
Learn about the winner of the 2015 Sanders Firm Scholarship.
Who is Eligible?
All scholarship candidates must be:
- Accepted, or enrolled in a 4- year college or university program, OR
- Accepted, or enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school
- AND have maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA at their current educational institution
Scholarship Award: $1,000
The Sanders Firm will award a single scholarship in the amount of $1,000 to be used at the winner’s discretion.
- Only emailed applications will be accepted.
- All applications are due by June 30 (annual).
- Winner will be announced within 30 days of the application deadline.
Applicants are required to write a 1500-2000 essay that addresses their community involvement including answers to this question:
- When did you become passionate about volunteering in your community and what have you done throughout your academic career to further the cause(s) for which you have given your time?
The following additional requirements are necessary for all applicants:
- Application attachments must be in Word or PDF formats only.
- Applications must be sent via email only.
- Applicants must include all current contact information including: full name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- Applicants must complete and sign the attached PDF application form download PDF here and submit with other required materials.
- Proof of attendance or acceptance at an accredited school as outlined above.
- Copy of the applicant’s official transcript for their most recently completed semester of school.
- Email all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants agree to allow The Sanders Firm to contact them by phone and/or email, to contact their respective schools for confirmation of academic status, and to post any essays under consideration (along with any applicant-submitted photos) on the firm’s websites and social media platforms at its discretion.
Please submit any questions to: email@example.com
About The Sanders Firm
The Sanders Firm are leading New York personal injury lawyers with locations in Long Island, New York City, Brooklyn and Los Angeles. For over 46 years, The experienced trial lawyers at The Sanders Firm have represented victims ranging from serious and catastrophic personal injury, to car accidents, medical malpractice, and wrongful death. The lawyers at The Sanders Firm are members of the American Trial Lawyers Association, Million Dollar Advocate Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocate Forum, and have been received the prestigious Super Lawyers Award.