As the premier personal injury law firm in Oregon, Dwyer Williams Dretke Attorneys, PC is pleased to announce a scholarship available to students anticipating attending law school in the fall of 2018. The $1,000 scholarship is intended to help defray first-year expenses for students graduating from undergraduate school that have been accepted into an accredited law school anywhere in the United States.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Recipient is a U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the United States
- Recipient is accepted, and will be attending their first year of law school in the fall of 2018
- Academic achievement as reflected by an undergraduate cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA
- Recipient must have received a bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate college.
Applicants must submit the following by July 1st, 2018:
- A completed Scholarship Application Form (.doc)(pdf)
- One to three (1-3) page typed essay
- An official and complete copy of undergraduate college transcripts
- An acceptance letter from an accredited law school within the United States
- Proof of legal residency in the U.S. (i.e., birth certificate, passport, permanent resident card, etc.)
- DW scholarship is to be used exclusively for law school tuition and related expenses.
- A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s law school to cover these expenses.
- Recipient is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
- DW Scholarship award recipient will be notified of the selection on or about August 1st, 2018.
Completed applications must be submitted no later than July 1st, 2018. Application materials should be mailed (or e-mailed in PDF format) to:
Dwyer Williams Dretke Attorneys, PC
1051 NW Bond Street
Bend, OR 97703